Oracle 19c AutoUpgrade Best Practices: A Step by step Expert led Database Upgrade Guide to Oracle 19c Using AutoUpgrade Utility
English | 2021 | ISBN: 9789391030049 | 973 pages | PDF,EPUB | 6.79 MB
Master Oracle’s AutoUpgrade tool effectively to upgrade Oracle databases from lower versions to 19c.
● In-depth practical demonstration of Oracle database upgrades with various real-time scenarios.
● Step-by-step illustration of each Oracle database upgrade and downgrade method.
● Fastest ever multiple Oracle databases upgrade.
‘Oracle 19c AutoUpgrade Best Practices’ is a simple cookbook for database professionals to upgrade from lower versions to 19c or downgrade from 19c to lower versions
This book is dedicated solely to demonstrate upgrading Oracle Databases to 19c by using AutoUpgrade tool. It has a very good explanation about different AutoUpgrade processing modes (Analyze, Fixup, Deploy, and Upgrade) and various stages that the AutoUpgrade job runs while performing database upgrade. Multiple chapters in this book covers various scenarios with detailed steps for upgrading Oracle database from versions 11g/12c/18c to version 19c and Downgrading from 19c to 11g/12c/18c.
By the end of this book, every Oracle DBA can gain real-time experience and become a master in upgrading and downgrading oracle databases (Standalone, RAC, Standby) using AutoUpgrade Utility.
What you will learn
● Learn to use the Oracle database upgrade tool AutoUpgrade for various DB challenges.
● Understand how to convert a non-container database to a 19c pluggable database.
● Get to know how to upgrade multiple databases of different versions to 19c in a single operation..
Who this book is for
This book is intended for Oracle DBA students, Database administrators, Database Architects and anyone else who want to improve their database upgrade or downgrade skills in a concise and understandable manner.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to DB Upgrades
2. Upgrading Oracle Database from 184.108.40.206 to 19.9.0 Using dbupgrade (Manual)
3. Upgrading Oracle Database from 220.127.116.11 to 19.9.0 (Using AutoUpgrade)
4. Upgrading and Converting 12c non-CDB as 19c PDB
5. Upgrading Oracle Multitenant Database from 12c/18c to 19c
6. Upgrading and Converting 12c non-CDB as 19c PDB (using AutoUpgrade)
7. Upgrading Multiple Database Versions (11g/12c/18c) to 19c Using the Single AutoUpgrade Command
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)